The South Holland Department of Planning, Development and Code Enforcement is accepting applications for Seasonal Property Maintenance Inspector
We are a community of faith, family and future with a workforce that embodies high ethical standards, responsiveness and a relentless pursuit of greatness. We are seeking persons who have high moral standards, are courteous and maintain strong ethical values and have proven commitment to professionalism.
Under specific direction from the Director of Planning, Development and Code Enforcement, Property Maintenance Inspectors are entrusted with the safeguarding of public welfare and protection of property by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use occupancy, location and repair of all structures and buildings within the Village of South Holland.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Performing neighborhood foot patrol to identify property maintenance deficiencies
- Produces and delivers Code Violation notices to property owners
- Ability to interact with residents and customers in a professional and polite manner
- Responds to complaints regarding property maintenance and municipal code deficiencies
- Prepares reports and violation notices for municipal hearings
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions with minimum supervision
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time
A successful candidate must assist in moving the Village forward through modeling behavior that is consistent with our Good to Great leadership philosophy, and the overall mission and vision as public servants; demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the characteristics of a Servant Leader; have the ability to interact effectively with the public, department leadership, fellow employees and village officials; preserve the integrity of our organization by making decisions that are in the best interests of the organization; and perform all job duties in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Village of South Holland with high ethical standards and behaviors.
Employment applications are currently available at:
Village of South Holland Personnel Services
16226 Wausau Avenue
Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Applications must be returned by April 23, 2021