The South Holland Public Works Department is accepting applications for Seasonal Laborers
We are a community of faith, family and future with a workforce that embodies high ethical standards, responsiveness and a relentless pursuit of greatness. We are seeking persons who have high moral standards, are courteous and maintain strong ethical values and have proven commitment to professionalism.
Under specific direction from the Director of Public Works, qualified workers will perform assigned duties involved in the general maintenance, upkeep and repair of public property, municipal buildings, and equipment of the Public Works Department.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Tree trimming, brush pick-up, and right-of-way maintenance and restoration
- Sidewalk and landscape maintenance and restoration
- Park maintenance
- Special projects as assigned
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a background check and drug screening
- Knowledge in use of hand tools
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions with minimum supervision
- Licensed pesticide and lawn care experience is preferred, but not required
A successful candidate must assist in moving the Village forward through modeling behavior that is consistent with our Good to Great leadership philosophy, and the overall mission and vision as public servants; demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the characteristics of a Servant Leader; have the ability to interact effectively with the public, department leadership, fellow employees and village officials; preserve the integrity of our organization by making decisions that are in the best interests of the organization; and perform all job duties in compliance with the rules and regulations of the Village of South Holland with high ethical standards and behaviors.
$11.00-$16.00/hour depending on qualifications and experience.
Employment applications are currently available at:
Village of South Holland Personnel Services
16226 Wausau Avenue
Monday through Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Applications must be returned by April 16, 2021